Rules & Regulations
1. Team rosters are limited to a maximum of twenty (20) players in U13, U15, and U17 age groups. Team rosters are limited to a maximum of sixteen (16) players in the U11 and U12 age groups.
2. All teams shall be allowed to have up to a combined total of 5 Guest Players for U13-U17 and 3 Guest players for U11 and U12.
A. All Guest Players must meet the following criteria: B) must be approved for participation by their respective club and team. C) must be a registered player with the appropriate governing body or provincial association; D) may not be selected from any other team that is participating in the tournament.
3. Players may not play for more than one team in the tournament. Players must have jersey numbers and may not change numbers once registration is complete.
4. The first team listed is considered the home team. Any color conflicts will be resolved by the
visiting/away team. Both teams will be on the same side of the field, spectators will be on the opposite side.
5. All teams are required to present player picture identification cards that are issued by their governing body at registration if and when it is requested.
6. All matches will be full length. U11 & U12, two 30-minute halves; U13 & U15, two 35-minute halves; U17, two 35-minute halves and U17 super group two 40 minute halves.
7. During the round robin stage of the tournament, teams are bracketed in groups of four (number of teams permitted) and matches will not have overtime periods. Matches will be counted as: Win -3 points; Tie - 1 point; Loss - 0 points. In the elimination stage, if the score is tied at the end of regulation time, for U11, U12, U13, U15, U17 kicks from the penalty mark will decide the match.
8. a. Age Groups consisting of 8 teams will have 2 pools with the winners of each pool in the gold medal game, 2nd place in each pool will play for bronze. The 3rd and 4th place teams will play consolation games. Age Groups consisting of 5 teams will have each team play each other once with the final standing being used for Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Brackets consisting of 6 teams will have 2 pools of 3, 1st
and 2nd place in each pool advance to semi-finals, 3rd
place teams in each pool advance to a consolation game.
9. In the event a tie breaker is necessary to determine which teams will advance beyond the round robin, the following order of tie breakers will apply:
For All Age Groups:
(1) Head-to-Head competition; (2) goal difference in overall competition; (3) highest gross goals scored in overall competition; (4) goal against in overall competition.
10. Substitution will be allowed during natural stoppage of the match at the referee's discretion.
11. The official match report for each completed match must be verified (i.e., score, cautions, send offs)
immediately after the game by the team coach or manager. Match reports that are not verified stand as
submitted and may not be contested or appealed.
12. Players or Coaches sent off during a match are not allowed to play/coach in the next match. A player receiving three cautions during the round robin of the tournament is not allowed to play in the next match, including the first game of the elimination stage. A player receiving two cautions during the elimination stage of the competition is not allowed to play in the next match. Cautions received during the preliminary rounds of the tournament do not carry over to the elimination rounds. In case of continued bad conduct of players, teams, officials, or supporters, the team may be withdrawn from the competition and reported to their association. Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their team and supporters.
13. Any player or coach sent off during the tournament or any player receiving multiple cautions during the tournament may be required to attend a Disciplinary Committee hearing. This year's tournament will not have a disciplinary committee as all referee decisions are final.
14. Judgment calls by referees may not be appealed.
15. Disciplinary Committee decisions may not be appealed. The tournament will not have a disciplinary committee this year.
16. All protests must be submitted in within three hours of the end of the match with a $100 cash non-refundable fee. Only protests that concern the Laws of the Game and ineligible players will be considered. All decisions will be in the best interest of soccer and may not be appealed. This year's tournament will not entertain any protests.
17. All games will follow the recent updated FIFA Laws of the game.
18. Please note that per FIFA Laws of the Game number 4, the wearing of shin guards by players is mandatory. No player will be allowed to play without shin guards.
19. In the event of inclement weather, round robin games that have completed the first half will be considered complete games and will not be rescheduled. For Semi-final and Final games, play will be resumed from the point of suspension if weather and field conditions permit (this may be the following day). The final decision will be made by the Competition Committee, in conjunction with the tournament director.
20. If inclement weather cancels the tournament prior to the completion of a team’s first scheduled game of the tournament, a maximum of fifty percent (50%) of the team’s entry fee may be retained by the tournament to cover start-up cost of the tournament.
21. The decision of the Tournament Director, in conjunction with the Board of Directors, on any matter is final and may not be appealed.